Make a Difference Day is a signature Fountain Hills event. It is a great way to give back to the community!
Make a Difference Day is October 24th from 7:30 am-12:30 pm. It will begin at Golden Eagle Park. Fountain Hills Mayor Ginny Dickey will kick the event off with an opening speech.
Make a Difference Day is made possible by local volunteers. It is a great opportunity for the community to come together. The 4 hours of service will be for vulnerable, elderly, and homebound residents. There will be a variety of exterior/outdoor projects throughout the town.
Every person makes a difference in our community, neighbors helping neighbors!
There will only be outdoor projects for MADD 2020. Some examples of projects:
- Yard clean up
- Removal of dead landscaping
- Building a wheelchair ramp on the exterior of a home
- Fence painting
- Minor outdoor home repairs
- Weed control, trimming, and pruning
- Town Park maintenance assignments
There will be 10 participants or fewer in each group. All volunteers will be required to practice social distancing, along with everyday prevention actions:
- Sanitize hands often
- Avoid close contact, maintain 6 feet distance from others
- Cover nose and mouth with a cloth face covering while around others
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces
All volunteers will be provided with a face covering, gloves, and a MADD t-shirt. MADD leaders will be given hand sanitizer and disinfectant for their group.
Pre-registration is required for this event. Registration forms are available at the Community Center and Town Hall. You can also register online here. Registrations forms are due by October 14th.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Kim Wickland at 480-816-5108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.